Thursday, October 04, 2007

Tennessee Blues and Grays

I came to Tennessee with a very short agenda.  I told a friend of mine that I have no idea why I came except I knew I was  supposed to.   I have to follow on faithfully when I know I am supposed to do something.  I tried every way from Sunday to talk myself out of coming.

I'm starting to get it.  I have developed some key strategies I could never have developed sitting in IL.  I have created some important connections I have never had in the past.  New doors are opening and I am getting clarity.  Sometimes a road trip clears the mind.
 
Long story short, this may turn out to be the most important trip to TN I have taken in a long time.
 
I must believe that it's not over yet. 
 
I'll keep you posted.  I can't wait to see what is about to happen.  I just knew I was supposed to be here and here I am.
 
Instant obedience = before you ask the answer is yes.
 
Obedience is better than sacrifice.
 
By the way, people are nice here, but they never forgot the war.  With my upper Midwestern Fargo type accent they know I'm a Yankee.  they still like me but they certainly pick me out by my language.
 
I'm blue and they are still gray.  High Schools here are named for Civil War heroes and not those from the north.  There is no Grant High School in Tennessee. (to my knowledge)

No comments: