Monday, December 31, 2007

I need a TO DON'T List

NOTE TO SELF ON THE LAST DAY OF 2007
 
As the new year comes along there are many things on my To Do list:
  • Finish and Publish "THE BOOK"
  • Get my mailing out for the nursery
  • Kick off the work on the Men's Retreat
  • Clean up the Website for the nursery
  • Come up with a better way to do the accounting
  • Write my pamphlet on Major Market Church Planting
  • Lose Weight or at least stop gaining
  • Walk a Mile a Day
  • Proactively up the fax list admits
  • Do the Mailing for the Nursery
  • Kick off publicity for Gates of Vienna
  • Do live today while it is still day
 
To do all the the DO's on my list I need some TO DON'Ts
  • Don't Blog so much (once per day is fully enough)
  • Don't comment so much on other blogs
  • Don't watch passive TV (look for something I don't care  about with the remote and settle on the least objectionable
  • Don't eat so much stupid food and drink
  • Don't watch so much negative news, who really cares what Keith Olberman thinks, he's an idiot
  • Don't worry about tomorrow
  • Don't hang on to yesterday.
  • Don't worry about those who are angry with me, upset with me, irritated with me, frustrated with me, it really doesn't matter (a great line from Meatballs with Bill Murray).
  • Don't forget to smell the flowers, to look at the leaves, the snow, the face of my wife and all the other beautiful things in my life.
 
Rejection and lack of appreciation are part of the deal.  Even ingratitude are normal stupid human tricks.  Don't allow yourself to be surprised by or blindsided by them.
 
Tell yourself the truth.  You can do more than you believe you can.  In fact one word, one thought, one idea, one concept, one inspiration, one belief can change everything.  Be part of it.  Believe.  Believe in God, believe in his belief in you.
 
Happy New Year Gene

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woohoo!!!