Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Somebody has a deaf ear, and I don't think it's me

I just heard Pat Robertson's prophetic word for 2008.  It couldn't be more different from what I published yesterday.  One of us had too much Pizza. 
 
So, I decided to do a little detail on his last year's pronouncement.  He was wrong almost 100%.
 
I wasn't. One of us heard from God, one didn't.
 
Pat Robertson is famous, I'm a peanut.  Pat Robertson has a TV program, I have a blog.  Pat Robertson is a big time political player who endorsed Rudy for Pres.  I Like Mike.
 
I don't dislike Pat, even if find him pretty gloomy most of the time, I guess that's how he makes his money, scaring hell out of people.  Whatever works.  I do get just a bit irritated with his "Advice".  He is mercurial.  Buy stocks has been his mantra for the last two years, now it's buy gold and commodities and get your money into Swiss francs.
 
I don't get him.  Please don't pile on, I know he is a controversial figure.  But as soon as the transcript of his prophetic utterance is published I am going to stand it next to what I believe I heard the Lord say.  Then, I'll wait and see.  I hate that idea.  I think we should live in the assurance and confidence the prophetic word provides.  "He who listens to the prophets will prosper" the word says.  I have been surveying other prophets I respect since I published the word for 2008. They are hearing what I'm hearing. I purposely fast reading anything any other prophet says while I listen quietly for the word of the Lord.  I don't want to be negatively influenced or positively influenced in my Spirit. 
 
I only know this, God will do what he will do, and he always tells his prophets what he is going to do before he does it.  I wonder when I see this wide a disparity in the prophetic between Pat and Me IF everyone who is called prophet in ministry is a prophet?  I'll stand on the last 4 years track records and say, OK, you decide.  I have already decided.

No comments: