Wednesday, January 30, 2008

End Product of our Failed Public Education System

This is a demonstration from Corpus Christi Texas this January (2007) on Martin Luther King's birthday. The end of this week begins Black History Month. We as a nation have really placed people in a Ghetto fed by "graduates" of our public schools. Is this mess what MLK lived and died for?
"I want to see the day when men are not judged by the color of their skin but by their ability to spell".
I know Dr King said it differently, but why do we abuse people by pushing through the grades without judgment and they hit the streets no better prepared for life than if they had stayed home and watched TV. The whole race is judged by it's lowest common denominator. WE ARE judged by the words we use. We are judged double when they are in the public venue like this. All this idiocy at a cost per student in Texas of over $7000 per year. It's worse in Illinois. In the district where I live they spend over $10,000 per year. I want my wasted money spent on public education back.

Oh, just so you can check this out for yourself, snopes has an article on this.

I wish government would get out of education. It doesn't work. It's a failure at every level.

Close all public schools, issue vouchers like a K-12 Pell Grant. It works for College, it'll work for elementary schools. Another good Idea from George Bush.

Oh, and RBB, I'll head this one off at the pass, these genius's don't even know if there is evolution or creation. Heck they can't even spell either one. Home schooling is no danger to these dunces. They didn't get an education at all.

Someone has to tell the truth about this travesty. I just did.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Potatoe

Nucular

Anonymous said...

Gene, your guy looked really good out here the other night.

Good luck, I think you are backing a good man. (Reserving my right to object should he actually be the gop nominee)

How are you doing? HP, metal sculpture, flock and faithful, SA meathead obstinacy, snow shoveling prowess, election up and downs?

I'm as busy as ever.

Which is a result of living/working with the richest among us. As you know the rich get richer and are far less effected by whatever is going around now. However many of my cabinet shop brethren are coming down with this malady and are looking forward to the promise of GWB: “I’m from the government and I am here to help” – here’s 600 bucks- now pay your credit card bill, it will make my base so happy.


DEATH TO VISTA!!!

We need some Iran/Vista scandal to rid us of this plague.

Keep the faith. Keep the light on and put the toilet seat down.

fondly

rbb

Anonymous said...

"genius's"?

Genius' what?

At least you spelled it right.

Oh, wait a minute...

Well, with only a 131, I shouldn't expect much.