Friday, February 01, 2008

Are Rush Limbaugh and the others of his ilk the Right Wing’s Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson?

Whenever anything happens in Black America Jesse and Al pipe right up. They take a stand and we all have to listen to all the Jibber Jabber they come up with. The MSM makes certain of that.

I am of the opinion that the Talk Radio giant heads who have so singlehandedly divided fractured destroyed and alienated the conservative Republican Right Wing from one another is the primary reason that we are about to elect nationally one of the most incompetent inexperienced people to ever take the oath of Office on January 20th. Those Giant Talking Heads may be the right’s Sharpton and Jackson.

Except for one thing. Sharpton and Jackson are honest about their role. They don’t claim to be “entertainers” when the heat is on like Rush does.

They aren’t entertainers, they are opinion shapers who get more attention than their competence or insight deserves. I don’t have a talk radio show. If I did I doubt I could be a glib as Hannity, Hewitt or Limbaugh. They make a living at being clever and quick. Something I don’t claim. But I do have an opinion.

My opinion is we as people who pretend to be Americans first and Conservatives second must become more discerning about what and to whom we pay attention.

Fewer sheep among us would be helpful. All we like sheep have been led astray to our demise.

Thanks for nothing Rush.

No comments: