Friday, October 24, 2008

Faith in God Costs Less and is More Effective

I was amused by news stories today that reveal that half of all doctors prescribe placebos to people they treat.

These are people who have let bad news get them down, who are listening to the prognosis which they accept as truth and have no more hope.

They need faith. Faith in something. Faith in medicine. Faith in Doctors. Faith in anything.

So, doctors prescribe faith pills. Placebos. Something to believe in.

The crime is, if people had faith in God, if they had faith in his power to heal, they would be well. It would be real, not some phony pill.

It costs real money to go to a doctor. It costs real money to fill that placebo prescription.

It costs NOTHING to come to God with Faith. He rewards those who seek him. Rewards them with health and peace.

I have pagan atheistic friends who deny God and believe that Doctors know better. In this case they are right. Faith has made these sick people whole, it's just faith in the wrong thing.

A saving Faith in Jesus takes care of all kinds of things. I have learned to believe in God first, and then the Doctor, in that order.


If I'm sick, I'm more likely to call on another man or woman of faith to agree with me and lay hands on me for healing way before I'll go to a Doctor. I sometimes might even do the biblical thing and call on the Elders of the Church assuming they have faith. Mostly, church elders do not. Sadly.

I have a friend, Jerry, who had terminal cancer. The Doctor told him he would be dead in a six months. He went to the elders and pastors of the church both of us were attending at that time. There were perhaps a dozen pastors and elders in the room. He closed the door, and said, "I have been told I am going to die. Unless God will combine my faith and yours for my healing in belief without doubt, I will die. IF ANY of you have doubt at any level in God's healing power to cure cancer in my body, I want you to leave this room now before we pray for faith and then these men lay hands on me for healing." He then went quiet. Half the men in the room got up, one at a time and left. They didn't' want to be responsible for the death of Jerry.

That left a half dozen men. They then began to pray, violently, loudly, passionately, with faith, believing. They laid hands on him and came against the demon of cancer.

That was 20 years ago. He is still alive. He operates one of the largest Media Ministries in the Chicagoland area. He doesn't tell this story as much as he should. He told it to me. It says bad things about the level of faith shortage in Churches today for healing.

Jerry is cancer free to this day. No treatment. No chemo. No radiation. Just God, and that's enough.

That's why when I had a recent scare, I waited and trusted God.

Placebos are false receptacles of faith. Faith in God is real, not a placebo. If people understood this truth they would be far better off, financially and physically.

No comments: