Monday, November 03, 2008

Not just another day, but yet....

I woke up this morning. People are calling me. My life goes on.

I have to do what I do. They (clients) don't know and frankly, I'm in a place where it doesn't matter.

So, I'm taking care of tree orders. Talking to suppliers and customers.

My brain and emotion traveled with me. I'm still concerned about election. I did receive a comment from someone who chastised me for "at a time like this to be concerned about the election". After reading it carefully I chose not to publish the comment. The tone was not in line with my posting policy.

I'm concerned, I'm not politicking when I say to those who name the name of Jesus as Savior and they without regard to consequence vote without what, in my appraisal, is spiritual wisdom.

Now, in fairness, I believe that Christian can vote for Obama. I believe to do so requires rebellion, open or otherwise. I am confident that God will deal with them as he does will all error. He's a good God. Merciful and Just.

If I am picked up for a DUI this afternoon I will pay a fine, perhaps go to jail, insurance will go up and my life will change for the worse.

God will forgive me for being drunk and driving. He's a good God. I will still have to suffer the consequence of my rebellion. Justice will prevail, worldly justice, but justice none the less.

Deliverance is real; But, it's His mercy. It's not a demand we have the right to make . It's mercy.

So, if you name the name of Jesus as Savior and you believe that you must vote for Obama, God will deal with you later, but you may well suffer the consequence of your rebellion. Justice.

He may not deliver you from that consequence. In my life he allows consequence of my rebellion to train and correct me. It's only mercy when he doesn't make me go thru it.

Hebrews 12:5-13
“My child,[e] don’t make light of the Lord’s discipline,
and don’t give up when he corrects you.
6 For the Lord disciplines those he loves,
and he punishes each one he accepts as his child.”[f]

7 As you endure this divine discipline, remember that God is treating you as his own children. Who ever heard of a child who is never disciplined by its father? 8 If God doesn’t discipline you as he does all of his children, it means that you are illegitimate and are not really his children at all. 9 Since we respected our earthly fathers who disciplined us, shouldn’t we submit even more to the discipline of the Father of our spirits, and live forever?[g]

10 For our earthly fathers disciplined us for a few years, doing the best they knew how. But God’s discipline is always good for us, so that we might share in his holiness. 11 No discipline is enjoyable while it is happening—it’s painful! But afterward there will be a peaceful harvest of right living for those who are trained in this way.

12 So take a new grip with your tired hands and strengthen your weak knees. 13 Mark out a straight path for your feet so that those who are weak and lame will not fall but become strong.



Lord have Mercy.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe the Lord will discipline you for spreading hatred this election season and for voting for the man who cares little for the earth God created. Maybe you are the one who is not being consistent with Jesus' teachings.

Anonymous said...

To anonymous No. 1: Maybe the Lord will discipline Obama and other government leaders who do NOT care for the life that God creates in the womb, and willfully abort! Friend, YOU are the one who is not consistent with Jesus' teachings who said, "I came to give you life and give it abundantly"--He did not come so that we can be free to decide who lives and who doesn't...but to act so, only according to his Word. ..
anonymous No.2 -- H.

Anonymous said...

Gene,
It is strange some care so much about the earth, but not the unborn babies torn apart in abortions or that God has blessed marriage as one between a man and woman, not a Steve and Sam or Lily and Tilly. Even nature defies that one. Whatever happens, it could not happen if God did not allow it, just like when Christ was crucified and died for our sins. The sins and bad seed planted have grown into what we have today. My hope and faith are and remain in God. I vote as you do, standing by the word of God. Life begins in the blood at conception. Whatever happens, it is in God's will and timing that this would be allowed. We, as His children know what may lie ahead and we are ready if this is His will. With God, all things are possible! God loves you. He even loves those who continue to go against His word. He loves all He has created, but judgement is coming...you are so right.

Anonymous said...

"I came to give you life and give it abundantly"--He did not come so that we can be free to decide who lives and who doesn't...but to act so, only according to his Word. .."
The hypocricy mirror reflects right back at you. We go to war and chose who live and who dies. We send our own into war, deciding who lives and who dies of our own. Your narrow focus on one issue leaves you blind to see so many others. Your arrogance that you know what God knows blinds you to others who might be wiser.

Anonymous said...

I will be voting for Barack Hussein Obama.

Anonymous said...

There have been wars since the beginning of men! I wish we could stop them with the wave of a wand...or better and more positive choices that stand with God, but we deal with many different beliefs and many different agendas. We do have a choice with abortion and lifestyles. Abortion tears apart little unborn babies!We have a choice with how we choose to live our lives, by God's commandements which are all based on goodness...or by our own made up ones. God defines life as beginning in the blood! Anonymous, You are okay with abortion and not with wars?? Even Obama will have no power over those. We have terorism now and it has been breeding everywhere (even in the U.S.)for a long time. You will have wars and rumors of more wars.
I thank those brave men and women for keeping our country safer from the likes of terrorists who only know how to take lives for selfish agendas and power. Remember when you vote today that many of those brave soldiers were denied that right because they did not receieve their absent tee ballots in time! Remember that polls indicate the ilitary feels safer with McCain as Chief.
I will vote for McCain and Palin because they stand on what I believe in the Bible. As a christian, I could not do anything less.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous,
I still ask you? You are okay with ripping unborn babies apart but not with war? You cannot stop wars! They have existed since the beginning of men! God gives us choice to make the right decisions.
We are in the days where most leaders are of evil hearts! Our congress (Dem. controlled for the past two years) collects donations from those they should prosecute, rather than change laws to protect you and me from the economy meltdown that has just occurred!

I salute our brave men and women who serve...(and not by being drafted, but by choice). My nephew told me they are so upset by what people here are saying back here and doing! He serves in Iraq and like the vast majority of soldiers, believes in what they do. Remember when you vote today, many of them were robbed of that by not receiving their absentee ballots in time. I respect your right to feel as you do. I must stand on the Word of God and will vote with McCain and Palin for the sake of our armed forces and our country. I remember Viet Nam well and what many here, did to our soldiers. My brother and Uncles were soldiers in that war. Terriorism stinks and the lack of support from your own country is even worse. That is another war we were in. The Democrats got us into that one, but did not give the resources for our soldiers to finish it or keep them safe. McCain suggested the surge for Iraq. It has worked! The economy has crashed under a Democratic controlled congress. They were warmed in 2002 by Presdient Bush about Freddy and Fannie and again in 2006 by McCain, Dole and others.
They chose to do nothing, letting it get to where we are! Those are facts. You cannot spin them away!
This election should not be about parties, but what is needed and right. Be afriad of a big government, it will steal your freedoms.
“A government big enough to give you everything you want,
is big enough to take away everything you have.” - Thomas Jefferson

Anonymous said...

Amazing anonymous,

You are okay with abortion, but not wars. With ripping apart little unborn babies that cannot defend themsleves? There have been wars since the beginning of men! God gives men the ability to make choices. He gives that to each of us! Unfortunately, we fight man different beliefs and personal power control agendas. Presdent Johnson got us into VietNam. And just like now, many were on a bandwagon to try and stop it, not realizing they were hurting our very own soldiers they claimed to be trying to protect.
I have a nephew in Iraq. He tells me they are sickened by what they hear from back here. They believe in what they are doing. They are winning since McCain suggested the surge and got everyone to go along with it. They see the changes and differences. My nephew tells me that close to 70% of the military want McCain and know they need his experience and common sense. Remember when you vote today, many of our soldiers overseas cannot! Their ballots were not sent to them in time! There is a cause to fight for! Remember they are also keeping terror attacks away from us here. Most important, remember they were not drafted, they chose to serve. We owe them the Honor and respect they deserve. I respect your right to what you believe. I will leave you with a comment that should scare each of us on theis election day. It was made by one of our founding forefathers.
“A government big enough to give you everything you want,
is big enough to take away everything you have.” - Thomas Jefferson