Friday, November 07, 2008

Sparks of Sanity

If you are a regular reader of this blog you will know that I am not and have not been a fan of our upcoming President.

I'm not happy he is President. BUT....

I see some flashes of Sanity in his selection process of those who will surround him. One of the things I admired and hoped in Hillary Clinton was that she had a deep cadre of pretty smart people around her, many from Bill Clinton's time.

Now it appears the President Elect is using many of the same people. My fear was that he would tap the most radical, racist and ultra-leftist people to populate his governance. So far so good. Names that give me comfort. Summers, Rubin, Talk of Reich, Volcker.

Not bad.

Even Rahm Emmanuel, a Jew, is OK. He represents sanity at least. And it sends a message to the Islamic World that Obama isn't going to be their lap dog. Something I think they hoped he would be.

It is said of Henry Ford that in an interview he said, "I'm not very smart myself, but I know how to surround myself with very smart people. I can pick up that phone and in a minute or less be talking to the best expert on virtually any subject in the world to advise me on what to do next".

I think that Obama may be wise as Henry Ford. He's not very smart himself (streetwise). He needs good counsel. I hope he gets it. I hope the pattern continues. IF he will listen to them and not to the nutcase left.

No comments: