Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Redeeming the Time

We are sort of in Limbo until the Funeral.

But, I have lots of customers and contacts in the Eastern Nebraska western Iowa area. So. I'm redeeming the time. Making the best use I can.

It's not easy being cooped up. Peggy does badly at it.

If it was just me, well I could find something to do.

But today I have lunch with a client from Omaha. And we'll go see my sister Susan tonite.

Tomorrow the wake, then Thursday the Funeral. And home again.

Peggy is really having a hard time with this. She want's to go home now. I understand that.

Our life, disrupted, small tremor; Russ and Linda's life, Hurricane Cat 5 and Richter 9 earthquake at the same time.

We have no complaint.

Schumann wrote a great Dichterliebe (Song Poem of Love) Ich grolle nicht

It's about lost love. But the sense of the poem is, I'll not complain, I'll hold no grudge.

It has been comfort to me in this time. John Redlin used to sing it at home. I listened to him and knew that it had levels of meaning. He certainly could have complained. He never did.

Nor will I.

No comments: