Monday, February 27, 2012

The White People for Romney Club

If Mitt Romney made a TV commercial announcing the creation of White People for Romney, I am fairly sure that people on Jupiter would hear the media scream. But President Obama has made this commercial.

Even though the commercial has a positive tone, the fact that he has resorted to this ad is a measure of how desperate the Obama campaign is to win back and duplicate the 96 percent share of the African-American vote he achieved in 2008 when he made history for the first time.

Now with a new slogan of "Make History Again," Obama hopes to slow his losses among African American voters. Why is he in any trouble with that group at all? It seems so unlikely and yet he is because African Americans have gained almost nothing from Obama since 2009 except a once in a lifetime role model. The unemployment rate for African Americans ended the year 2011 at 15.8 percent or almost twice the unemployment rate for whites and much higher than for Hispanic or Asian Americans. So the brutal truth is that Obama has not helped his most loyal constituency in three years since his January 2009 Inauguration.



Make History Again? Prez forms African-Americans for Obama - Illinois Review

2 comments:

Fallout said...

From the Africa-Americans for Obama Headquarters:
“A Poem of Encouragement”

Yo, African Americans voters I Barack Obama.
I need you vote, so go tell your momma.

Because I am black,
You can count on me to watch your back.

As your president everyone will pay their fair share,
I'll take from the rich and give you good care.

With four more years I'll have no restraints,
I will not have to bow to the complaints.

All that they have will be yours,
Count on me to open the doors.

I have studied all the radicals,
You can count on me to be fanatical.

In the end there will not be much left,
I will head a big government theft.

If you don't vote for me it's a sin.
I'll take care of you and your kin.

So lets make history again!

---Vote Obama---

Fallout said...

Poem should start out:
Yo, African Americans voters I'm Barack Obama.
I need your vote, so go tell your momma.