Monday, May 07, 2007

I'm Swearing off Freedom Fries

I have always liked the French.  Well maybe not always.  If you dig deep enough you might read a discouraging word or two about our amphibious Friends (frogs) in Champagne land.
 
This new guy, a staunch conservative, won the French election in liberal France. This may be a good omen. 
 
If we Republicans ran an actual conservative we might have a chance at winning an election.  Running a moderate trying to win the left is a lost cause.  Let's have someone solid fiscally and socially conservative with no wavering or fear and call him or her President.  I am ready for a real conservative.
 
I have said before, that other than the war on terror, I would not be a Bush supporter.  He's too liberal.  But, he's got that war thing right and so that's good enough for me.
 
I could say something predictable at this point like, Viva Le France. 
 
Instead I'll just hum La Marseillaise
 
Aux armes, citoyens !
Formez vos bataillons !
Marchons ! Marchons !
Qu'un sang impur
Abreuve nos sillons !
 
Everybody Sing-----------
 
France is Back---------Welcome Home!

3 comments:

Aaron said...

Gene, we're running a conservative. His name is Ron Paul.

Are you ready?

Anonymous said...

And one of his first messages to the world included a challenge to the U.S. to either work on global warning or at least get out of they way so others can.

Anonymous said...

Supports Affirmative Action, too.