Sunday, May 06, 2007

THE YM_A

Peggy and I have been spending our Sunday Mornings helping a new Church. I preach next week. I am going to speak on the Gift of Life for Mothers day. I have little else than the title. But more will come.

One thing that is interesting is we are meeting at a YMCA. Nice place. We are going to get our own building soon. This church plant is over a year old but taking off.

The YMCA is the Young Man's Christian Association. Somehow the "Christian" part has drifted. There is a great deal of Multi-Cultural mumbo jumbo treating all other faiths and religions with respect and equality. I'll hang in there with the respect but I refuse to accept of believe that other religions are equal.

I am convinced that Jesus is True God and True Man. That He is Creator of all things. By him was all things were made and anything that is was made by Him. I use the Bible as the core document for evidence. If you don't believe the Bible I can't help you.

My problem is at the YMCA Jesus is offered as ONE religion. That Buddhism, Atheism, Hinduism, Islam, and whatever other religious melting pots component should be considered equal.

If that were true we would have to consider Satanism with child sacrifice as equal, that worship of the volcano god Pele with virgins tossed in as sacrifice as equal, that Aztec sun god worship with the cutting out of live human hearts is equal.

I don't buy it. I'm a Christian and I have every right and responsibility to trumpet the supreme claims of Christ. I'm a Christian and have no intention of giving a nod to some other pagan or non Christian belief system in the hope of being accepting or tolerant.

I consider any belief system that does not recognize Jesus as Lord of all creation not only inferior but a tool of the devil himself to deceive. He uses Judaism as a blindness but at least they aren't deceived. They believe in the Messiah. They just don't yet know his name is JESUS.

Any faith, belief, doctrine that denies Jesus as God himself is a pathway to hell. I know that's not popular but it's the truth.

The YMCA should change its name to the YM_A. Leave the Christian stuff out. It gives Jesus a bad name.

I'm not saying that at it's founding and even in some organizations there aren't still a remnant. I am saying that we must be careful of taking the Lord's name in vain. This might be that. Lose the C!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

people have a clear moral ability to distinguish between good and evil. your fear-mongering regarding tolerance where you bring up obviouly evil thngs as threats to religious tolerance is ignorant. those who are tolerant and kind are right. those who are intolerant and attempt to spread hate are wrong.

Anonymous said...

I'm not so sure that you and mom qualify for both the Y and M parts of it either. Today, the Y can only be called (as the Fonz would say) "Aaayyyyy".

Frankly, I'm getting a little tired of these Old Jewish Ladies taking over my YMCA.

k