Monday, May 07, 2007

Without Comment:, An Email from an Iraq War Veteran

My name is Paul Couturier from North Attleboro, MA. I’m a proud Veteran of Operation Iraqi Freedom (served there with the Massachusetts Army National Guard in 2003-2004, OIF1), and I AM ANGRY!

I’m angry at anti-military Sen. Ted Kennedy for voting AGAINST the now-famous $87 billion, while hypocritically insisting he supports the troops AT THE SAME TIME! I’m angry that he wants to pull the troops out BEFORE the mission is completed! His hypocrisy makes me sick! I have no doubt that his brother President John Kennedy, a Navy hero of WWII, is turning over in his grave in anger over his younger brother’s traitorous hate speech against those currently fighting the war on terrorism!

I’m angry at anti-military Sen. John Kerry for insulting me and my brother and sister OIF vets by insinuating that we are uneducated because we “got stuck in Iraq”! I’m angry at him for also voting against the now-famous $87 billion AFTER he voted for it! I’m angry at him for insulting every Soldier who has been LEGITIMATELY awarded the Purple Heart. He wrote himself up for three Purple Hearts for a few scratches when he was in Vietnam; WHAT’S WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE?

I’m angry at my anti-military Congressman, Jim McGovern of Massachusetts 3rd District. I had the opportunity to meet him face-to-face, one-on-one, about a month after I had returned home from Iraq in 2004. He too voted AGAINST the now-famous $87 billion, yet he had the balls to tell me TO MY FACE that he supports the troops! (Fortunately my body armor didn’t depend on that vote!) DID I MISS SOMETHING HERE?

I’m angry at the anti-military media for not reporting the whole story about what is REALLY happening in Iraq! I’m angry that they’re not reporting stories of Iraqi children getting much-needed immunizations by Army medics; of Army engineers repairing roads and other infrastructure; of Soldiers tossing out bottles of water and packaged food items from their passing Humvee’s to hungry children on the side of the road (so much for the UN’s “oil” for “food” program”); of Soldiers going into schools and orphanages to distribute various school supplies, toys, and sports equipment donated by good folks back home. Instead they choose to report the assassinations of American Soldiers to boost their ratings and sell more newspapers. They suck at objective and fair journalism, but are real good at math when it comes to the Soldier body count! (They probably don’t know what the terrorist body count is because I don’t think they can count that high!) I’m convinced that CNN has camera crews sitting out in the middle of the desert just waiting for the next IED to go off, while just down the road they could be filming Iraqi children getting their immunizations from Army medics. Not to mention the fact that there are so many acts of heroism being performed by the troops that aren’t being reported either! At least in southern Iraq, where I was stationed, the people there have welcomed us with open arms!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He came home 3 years and 2 months ago. That we are still in this war that long after he came home is in itself a travesty. But how can he know ANYTHING about what is going on there, what the soldiers are really doing, whether any humanitarian work is able to be carried out, how welcome the troops are there anymore, or what the current troops think about how this is all going. Angry they aren't being left there to 'complete' the mission? How much more time and lives have to be sacrificed before we way the mission is impossible or not worth it? In a 4 year war, he experienced only the rosy heroic first quarter of it.

Anonymous said...

Angry, is he?? Well, I am angry that so many of my tax dollars got spent on this stupid war and I bet the nice people in Kansas are angry that there is not National Guard to help with their clean up because it is all in Iraq. Lots of people are angry about lots of things.