Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Time Keeps on Ticking Ticking Ticking into the Future

This week there has been some note made that Francis George has been the Cardinal of the local diocese for 10 years.  That means it's over 10 years since Cardinal Bernadin died. 
 
That was last Thursday wasn't it?  Sometimes these little milestones crop up and I am shocked into the reality that time has slipped away.  Ain't it funny how.........
 
I'm not a Catholic but I am a Christian so when men of faith change I take note.  I went to a service commemerating Cardinal Bernadin at that time.  I threw the memorial card from that service on my dresser top.  I think it's still there.  I mean it was just last week wasn't it?   10 years when I was 30 was a third of my life.  10 years now is a sixth.  And it all streaks by so quickly. 
 
I don't know what to make of it all.  I know this happens.  It just wasn't supposed to happen to me.  Not now. 
 
It's all a blur sometimes.
 
Slow down.

No comments: