Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Intimidation

I have been at a couple of events in the last two weeks. Ellendale Reunion and 125th anniversary and the IPHC E-4 Conference annual meeting. I was credentialed once again.

But, I am somewhat intimidated. If you have noted a slight vanilla form in this blog of late that is the product of intimidation.

I heard many many times in Ellendale, "Hey Gene, I read your blog." Fine, I'm glad they do, hello out there in Blogdom.

More intimidating is at the conference people I respect, folks with PhD's, Folks who are peer or better are reading this humble blog and all it's bluster. I frankly was comfortable when it was a couple dozen family members, a few others, some friends, some long time blog acquaintances, and a bunch of pastors and church members from the various fellowships I am affiliated that read it.

Now that list is much larger. Much larger. Much larger than I knew. I am intimidated. I should behave. I should dumb down and take out the energy or passion I write with. I did. Knowing these people I respect greatly are reading what I write makes me think carefully and carve my words.

Add to that the affirmations I received this last weekend at the conference from Men of God of a national platform confirming and affirming the giftings God has placed in this jar of clay. They didn't know me from Adam. But, they prophetically saw and confirmed twice the prophetic gift in me by the grace of God. I am pleased and twice intimidated. Not only are people reading what I am writing, but they are reading it with the understanding and expectation that I write sometimes in the anointing of the Holy Ghost as a prophet.

No pressure there.

I have decided that I am what I am. The fact that I am read and recognized won't change who I am. I will be faithful to the call on my life. I will write and prophesy with the same fervor I ever did before I knew how many people were reading this.

When it is a prophetic utterance you will know. When it's just Gene spouting off you will know that too.

I hope whichever TRIBE you are reading this from you will read it with the understanding that I write for a wider audience than I thought I did.

I'm from Ellendale North Dakota, So I am of the tribe of Dakota. Some of my readers are fellow Dakotans, we are tribal brothers and sisters. We may not get along all the time, but we are brothers and sisters.

I'm a Redlin, from the tribe of Redlins. It's a big tribe. We are having a tribal gathering in a few weeks at Watertown SD to meet other tribal members and in part to honor those Sr Tribal members. Even Terry Redlin.

I'm from the tribe of Pentecostals. I was born into this tribe in the Spirit. There are other tribes. Catholic tribes, Methodist tribes, Baptist tribes, Lutheran tribes. I can pow wow with those tribes but in the end I am a pentecostal and when I go to war with the enemy I go to war with the warpaint of a Pentecostal. It's a fearful warpaint and I know the enemy hates it when he sees the stripes of the Pentecostal across the face of a warrior. It scares hell out of him or more accurately scares him to hell. I know the other tribes have other paint schemes. I think it's good if you are puffing the pipe of peace. But if I have to go to war, I want the brother and sister on either side of me painted with the fierceness of Pentecost.

I want to know that when the battle comes we will lock arms and run to the battle without looking back. Not fearing for our lives.

I mentioned at a previous post the Call in Nashville. I have heard of some of the things that went on. Where 60,000 gathered in Titan Stadium to pray and do warfare for the soul of America.

One thing that impressed me, when the call for martyrdom came, nearly 100% of those attending signed up to be martyred if necessary. I wasn't there but I'm signing up. I hope it's not necessary but I want to be counted among those ready to put on the warpaint and go to the front and battle the enemy.

Who shall go? Send me Lord, Send me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I heard many many times in Ellendale, "Hey Gene, I read your blog." Fine, I'm glad they do, hello out there in Blogdom.

More intimidating is at the conference people I respect, folks with PhD's, Folks who are peer or better are reading this "

Thanks, 'friend'. It would seem that you rank us lowly NDans as less than peer and must go to Ohio to find those as swell as your self to hobnob with and respect.

Oddly, as I was typing, the word 'swelled' came out, perhaps I was thinking of your head, and right after that, I added an extra s to 'as'. What was I thinking???

Anonymous said...

Titan Stadium - hmmm, the Titans were Gaia's sons - so now even the Christians gather at the shrine of the Titans - maybe they were not there for what you think.