Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Are You Willing to Take a Bullet for Jesus?

My guess is most Christians nominal or not would say Sure. For Jesus? Sure.

I'm here to call you out. I think you are a liar unless you regularly put yourself in a place where you might have to take a bullet. Most Christians talk the talk but avoid walking where they might have to duck.

I don't think in today's environment John the Baptist who lost his head would have been bloglisted on a blogroll in much of the blogoshpere of 25 AD. Herod wouldn't have allowed him to comment on his blog. It got intense when Herod was accused of sleeping with his brothers wife he took John off the blogroll by cutting off his head.

I bring that up because I'm not on almost anyone's blogroll today except Steve Scott's to my knowledge. I'm not offended. It's ok. I have plenty of readers with or without the blogroll endorsement of others or that others because of offense or cowardice took me off theirs.

Today I was threatened by another blog I write for to be Banned because I said some things that are righteousness and light.

I offend nearly everyone at some point or another. Some people say to me, "If you would just say it nicer you would not be banned or shunned". OK, I'll buy that. Which of the disciples after Pentecost were saying things nicer.

Stumped? You should be.

Once the power of the Holy Ghost came on them they called it like it was. Just like John the Baptist did and he was beheaded. Just like Jesus did and he was crucified. Almost all the other disciples took that bullet for Jesus. They were kind men but not always nice. Nice is popular, kindness many times is not.

When Jesus said, "You shall receive power when the holy Ghost comes upon you so that you can be my Witnesses" the word witness should more accurately be defined Martyr.

I don't have a martyrdom complex. I'm a Soldier of the Lord. That's pretty safe until I publicize it. I'm willing to take a bullet for Him. How about you?

I see no evidence of any middle of the road NICE man or woman of God doing anything that amounted to much after Pentecost. The nice folks didn't write the epistles of the new testament. The nice folks aren't part of our saints of old. Nice folks blended into the wallpaper of eternity, made it to heaven and were chastised for what they were called to do and didn't do. Come to think of it, Martin Luther was kind but not all that nice. I'm in good company.

If I have ever offended you in some way, that's a clue for you to check your heart. Whatever offends you reveals your heart's condition.

At one time I was on the blogroll of 11 blogs. Today just one. I have been threatened today to be banned from ever commenting or posting on another.
It smarts when you take a bullet.

I just did. How about YOU?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The turtle only gets in trouble when he sticks out his neck.

What fun is it to be vanilla anyway?

Rock on!