Monday, February 25, 2008

Bull in China Shop often breaks things but always initiates change

I will admit to not being the most perfectly finessed person on the planet. I tend to treat situations with the end in mind and if you get in the way sometimes I will run over the top of others to get there.

I would love to repent of this, but I am a pretty focused person when it comes to getting desired results. I'm not as passive as I should be. I'm not likely to change soon.

In the last few weeks I have driven the Genedozer over a few folks. Left a wake of wounded behind. I don't make many friends that way but we do get desired results.

I'll bet you would like me to detail the stories to you. The blood. The guts. The pain. The casualties. I'm not gonna do that. I take no pleasure in this. I only know that when something is needed to be done, I'm more of a table turner overer than not. WWJD and all. I'm likely to deal with someone who is shining me on like a whitewashed tomb just like Jesus did.

This doesn't make me popular or fun. On the other hand, I have a lot of people who love me for it.

I will apologize to anyone who reads this for my bullish behavior. I apologize, but I also will probably do it again. And again. Life for me is way too short to shortcut the end result by having to accept anything less than excellence in anything.

IN ANYTHING.

And, just so you know, I'm hardest on ME.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You’re a good man Gene, even if every one else in the universe says something to the contrary. Everybody’s crazy save for you.

Ya beat yourself up? Good.

“The unexamined life is not worth living."

Dead Greek guy.
August 19, 399 BC

Nice Hillary endorsement btw.