Sunday, February 03, 2008

Super Bowl Rambling

I didn't sleep good last night.  Chili I ate and "amended" didn't sit well with me.  And I had a full morning today.  After a nice lunch I "rested my eyes".  
 
From that the stone has now rolled away and the 2 hours till kickoff (more or less) has begun.
 
I'm a football fan, probably not as rabid as my neighbor who has his house decorated in Green and Yellow Green Bay colors inside and out with a huge Brent Farbre lifesize cutout on the living room wall.  And he's my age.  Now that's dedication.
 
IF Green Bay had been in this thing that's where I would be right now.  Watching all this on his big screen tv.
 
I know what all the critics say.  Patriots roll over the Giants.  But that's what they said about Green Bay.
 
So, I'm in the game.  I'm not hoping for anything but a good game.
 
I'll be watching it on my 22 year old 25" Sony Trinitron.  I wonder if I qualify for any government program for being so heartily impoverished as to have to watch such an important game on such a tiny TV. 
 
I thought by now I would own a big un,  46", LCD, big sound, on the wall.  I could sit in my big comfy chair and enjoy.  I'm all rested up.  I'm all ready.  I have chips.
 
Who do I know who......?????????????
 
So, time drifts along.  I'll "waste" the next 6 hours in superbowl excitement.  (or boredom)
 
What's funny is I have Videotapes of Old Superbowls I taped and never actually watched for one reason or another from the past.  I always intended to watch them again.  Never did.
 
I don't bother anymore.  I try not to kid myself.
 
If I had a TIVO I would tape the game so I could fast forward and watch just the commercials and skip  the game.
 
Isn't that what Super bowl is all about? 
 
Tom Petty is playing halftime tonight.   like Tom Petty.  Last year Prince knocked me out.  Did you know he turned 50 this year?  Prince and an AARP card.  Yikes.
 
Peggy saw Prince once in person in Minneapolis when he was filming Purple Rain.  She was a walkthrough extra in a mall.  Her autograph is available for $100.
 
Now, I've piddled away 10 minutes rambling.  118 minutes to go to kickoff.

No comments: