Monday, April 14, 2008

Age to Age

When my parents died in a truck accident my Dad was 50 years old, my Mom was 35.

It didn't seem unusual. He was a young 50 and she was a wise 35. Yet today such marriages seem
scandalous.

The recent events in Texas with the Mormon group that the police invaded seemed to focus on these May December situations.

I guess as the product of one such, I'm not sure I agree. You'd have to ask my 42 year old son and his 28 year old wife how that's working out.

Pretty well last I checked.

Are those Mormon Women and the Kids better off for this raid? I'm not convinced. Something about all this smells to me.

Let me be straight about this, sexual abuse is evil, 50 - 15 is not may December, it's February and over the top. There are laws about such things.

But, this happened once before, big raid, in New Mexico, in the 50s. Those women and children NEVER recovered for the most part. This was clumsy and I don't like a government that just moves in and like forcing everyone to wear size 7 shoes which for my 13's would be very hard and for our little Danny's size 5 would be way big.

One size fits all - doesn't.

No comments: