Thursday, April 17, 2008

Moving without telling anyone

I have some email lists I use at church and other places to do different things. 
 
I don't expect many people to keep me up to date but I do expect those with whom I must interact on a consistent basis to allow me to keep in touch.   IF you change your email address, LET US KNOW! 
 
I have become discouraged by a trend, a trend I don't think is healthy or courteous.
 
People for many reasons change email addresses.  Then, they tell no one.  We are supposed to just know.  We are supposed to guess.
 
I know, I could send a letter, I could make a phone call.  I will.  But, I have other friends that when they change email addresses send out notices to those with whom they are communicating and say, "HEY" I changed my address and this is the new one, update your address book.  This happens with relatives.  This happens with church folks.  I know those who are courteous and those who are clumsy.
 
It's a little discouraging. 
 
I don't have a cure.  I feel bad for the guy who is in charge of contacting folks and he can't keep the email addresses up to date.
 
Very discouraging.    

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Try working for a church or a business and contacting people when they don't tell you they have moved across town and changed addresses, email, phone, etc...and then they wonder why nobody contacts them. We're in the days of people just assuming you know everything-including everything they're doing. Then when you DO call, or email, or snailmail, etc...they say "oh, I forgot to check my messages"...sounds like a George Carlin routine. Common courtsey and manners (and just being civil to each other) went out the window in the 80's. Sad.