Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Pat Robertson is Losing it

I listen to the 700 club on the Television many days.  They have some inspiring stories sometimes.  They do news stories you won't hear on MSNBC. 
 
But Pat's Prognostications and his Economic Analysis is fatally flawed.  He's a bigger doomsayer than the left.  When it comes to his ability to predict things and when it comes to his ability to see thru the headlines into the truth he's a clinker.
 
I have in the past taken the prophetic God gave me and stood them up against what Pat said.  I did pretty well.  Pat didn't. 
So, now Pat sounds like a left winger: Food is going to go up and up, Gold is going to go up and up, oil is going to go up and up.  We are all gonna die.  Life is going to be horrible.  I expect this kind of doomsaying on Huffington or Kos but not from the 700 Club.
 
Look Pat, study a little economics.  Things cycle.  High prices ameliorate demand and stimulate supply.  That goes for food and fuel.  Government can screw it up.  But they are slow.
 
The dollar is getting cheap enough and inflation is moving thru the world economy such that the cheap dollar which is the counter to high oil will get stronger.  There are bottoms and tops.
 
2 years ago Pat was telling everyone that the only way to make money was to have it all in the stock market for the long haul.  Then he went get your money into cash. Now he's screaming get into Swiss Francs or Gold.
 
He doesn't know a thing about economics and he's a lousy prophet.  But, he does show some good stories on the news portion of his TV show that I enjoy.  So I take the good with the bad.
 

2 comments:

DFV said...

I agree with you about Robertson, but my impression of him may go much further and think you are way too easy on him. Let's face it: the only miracle Robertson has ever experienced in his life is when we bought a tiny cable-TV station, said "God, God, God, Bible, Bible, Bible, Ungaga Ungaga Ungaga - send money." And not only did money come to him in fistfuls, but he realized that he just done the impossible: he convinced people that they were dumber than he was!

Recently, I researched his "I-35 Highway to Holiness" story and found it to be pure fabrication. I've seen the man pontificate on everything from tattoos to baseball cards. I read "New World Order" and "Bring It On." In the latter, he came up with the most ridiculous portrait of Islam I've ever read! Then you have to look to his "flock" Who in the world would ever be so stupid as to ask Pat Robertson what kind of religion Islam is?

In "New World Order" he told us all how the United Nations and Shirley Maclaine were going to take over the world.

It's useless to call Robertson a fanatic, a crank, a wingnut or just senile. His supporters have heard that all before. The thing that would most upset them and him would be to simply say that he is hideously stupid: he has, in essence, fallen in love with his own snake oil.

Thanks for readin'

Anonymous said...

The greatest danger that Pat represents is directly related to our being sent into the world to participate with the Anointed Servant of Jehovah, to accomplish the Father's work of reconciling the nations.

I love this post. It is a confirmation of my own heart and spirit. Thank you Gene, I needed this today. For only this morning I sent this email to my three grown sons-
Media Matters-http://mediamatters.org/items/200804090011?f=h_latest
This is incredible. I hope you give it a serious look. A perfect example of the WRONG, yes I'm shouting, way to win Muslims to Christ. The best demo I've seen of what we're up against as American Christians. With guys like these on global T.V. networks, who needs missionaries?

John Paul Todd
e4unity.wordpress.com