Monday, April 14, 2008

Red or Blue Pills

I have seen the movie "The Matrix" more times than I want to admit. I can do nearly all the dialogue from it. Once in New York I almost bought off a street vendor the full script of the movie. Only office space is more stuck in my brain.

It's that good. The sequels stunk. Badly.

Peggy and I were talking Saturday about the making of the Matrix, two Jewish boys make this movie, I thought it was the Cohen Bros. But I was wrong. Warshawsky Brothers. Still good.


I don't think they had any clue what they were doing. I believe that the Holy Spirit caused them to create this work of profound art. They just carried it out unwittingly.

It has had great impact on my life. It has had great impact on the Body of Christ. And, lost of other religious and political expressions embrace this as a road map for discovery.

I mention this because of a post today by Julie. I read it but was most struck by the link to the Matrix Page.

It asks the question, are you better off knowing the truth and suffering for it or would you be better off believing the lie and living in comfort but deception.

I suspect that many people prefer the lie. Prefer the comfortable deception.

Go to the Matrix Page. Read the whole thing and answer the question, would you rather know the truth and suffer of believe the lie and live in oblivion?

It's a supposed tough choice. Not for me.

No comments: