Thursday, April 24, 2008

I don't know how much longer I'll be able to keep this up

Yesterday in loading the truck and trailer we had to haul some big trees. Maybe 100 pounds each.

I had some guy helping me. Older.

I looked at him as he wheezed and hacked his way up the bed with another tree over his back of the 75 we loaded and he complained. Of course, I said nothing and grabbed another.

I said I'll bet it's tough to get old and not work like you used to. He commiserated.

Then I dropped by favorite bombshell. I said, I'm guessing I'm older than you are. He looked at me funny. I told him I'm 63. He was 53.

I particularly like it when I have college kids to work with. They have no stamina. Even if they work out, they only develop muscle but not endurance.

I would rather die than stop till I get to hear them say,
"you're killing us here man".

I know this is so much macho baloney. I know that. But I enjoy it. I just don't know how many more years I will get to do this.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Old tigers live to fight another day!

Anonymous said...

You're not getting older, you're getting......


.....nevermind, you're getting older.

Anonymous said...

Old guys rock.