Monday, June 30, 2008

Home Boy comes Home

Last night in Church during the singing of a song written by Corey Pelley; out walked Corey Pelley.
 
That wouldn't be unusual except that Corey had gone to World Harvest Church to be a worship leader.  TV. Rob Parsley and all.  He was there three months.
 
Now he's back in Rockford.  Needed to get some questions answered in Columbus.  They were.  I understand all that.  I for a long time thought I was going to go back to Fargo to First Assembly.  I didn't.  I know why.  The questions were answered.
 
Corey said he was coming back home.  He is.  I know that feeling.  Faith Center has been a church we have been part of since 1993.  We have grown as they have grown.
 
We almost moved to Rockford once.  I don't sense that we will any time soon.  But it is home in many ways for us. 
 
I keep hoping that a free worship and ministry spiritual portal will open up in the St Charles area.  I see it in the spirit.  I know what it looks like. It's a vision God gave me long ago.  This is where we live and would like to not have to drive fifty miles one way at four bucks a gallon to get some. 
 
It's like a restaurant.  I like the Olive Burger that Beef a Roo serves.  I have ordered Olive Burgers in other places.  None of them are ever like they were supposed to be.  
 
They are always just a bit off.  Sometimes a lot.
 
Personal preference?  Maybe.  Or maybe if you get an olive burger here they are trying to mimic what Beef a Roo offers and expect me to not to notice the difference.
 
I notice.  So would you.
 
It's a crying shame that hungry people are looking for a place of ministry that provides what they need in times of crisis and pain.  A lady we have known for many years was at a graduation party Saturday.  She used to be part of our home group years ago. She is recently divorced.  50ish.  Children still at home.  Struggling with painful rheumatoid arthritis.  Needing healing and encouragement.  She lives in Batavia.  Life seems pretty dismal for her right now.  She has bounced around to different churches trying to find one that will encourage her in Jesus.  She gets either emergent seeker-friendly mile wide and an inch deep or traditional church that is powerless even if it's doctrinally sound.
 
She asked.  I had no answer.  I hope someday I will.  I didn't know where to tell her to go.
 
I am believing God for a powerful church that ministers to the broken addicted generation that is in pain beyond feeling.
 
We shouldn't have to drive 50 miles to find that.  
 
One other note.  This is not an indictment of the local church I am part of; we just aren't there "YET". 
 
I hope we will  become what people really need.  Jesus on earth.  Acts 10:38 
 
My friend is oppressed of the Devil.  Needs healing.  We need to become that place.

No comments: