Wednesday, June 11, 2008

People I would Like to Meet

I'm not a celebrity watcher. I really don't care.  But there are people I see who I think I would find interesting, even if they didn't find me interesting.
 
Angela Merkle - Germany  She seems like a very bright very competent person with humanity written all over her.  I would find her fascinating.
 
Rick Joyner - He is a Sr Spiritual Leader I would like to meet and speak with even briefly.  A rare gift to us all.
 
Carly Fiorina - She has fallen and risen and fallen again.  If McCain had gonads he would make her VP.  She's smart and takes good risks.  Old grey suits sabotaged her.
 
Maria Bartaroma - For lots of reasons.  Smart, Pretty, Insightful and lives in an amazing atmosphere.
 
Pope Benedict - I only touched one pope.  Pope John in 1966.  Benedict may be the last great Pope.  At least that's the prophecy.  I would like to meet him. 
 
There aren't many politicians I would go across the street to meet.  Certainly few entertainers.  And news people, almost none.  Spiritual leaders I know only a few that matter to me.  I find most of them weak. 
 
So, the list is short.  If you care, who would you like to meet if you could?
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alive:
Dennis Kucinich
Nelson Mandela
Zamphir
Ann Coulter
Muhammad Yunus
The Bible Machine

Passed:
Satchmo
Thomas Paine
Norma Mortensen
Jack Kerouac
The Bard of Avon
Vincent Van Gough
Sister Rosa

I guess it’s not fair to list people who have passed, there are way too many of them.

Anonymous said...

Naw rbb I'm with you.. don't forget the ones who've passed!

I can think of a few I'd like to meet that've passed:
Maria Woodworth Etter and Aimee Semple Mcphereson. Mother Teresa. Abraham Lincoln. King David. Apostle Peter. Ronald Reagan.

Living;

President Yoweri Museveni of Uganda -I almost met him at a reception in 05. I will yet meet him...

Chuck Norris - My mom used to wait on him (before he made his big break in TV) when he came into the bar where she worked. in VA. He was always nice to her.

I don't know who else. Like Gene I don't get awed over people much. I've been blessed to meet quite a few who have been blessings of one kind or another. But I don't have a laundry list of people. I am sure there are others I am forgetting about that I'll think of. But this is it for now.

Nancy