Saturday, August 30, 2008

A blog change I never wanted to make

For the foreseeable future I have activated the Comment moderation feature. I never wanted to go to this. This has always been a good place to allow anyone to say anything on this blog for the last 4 years and 2267 posts. And for the most part it's been all good.

I have readers who are loyal, courteous and kind. They offered useful valuable input.

But in the last week this blog has been abused by an abusive commenter and for that reason I will from here on out moderate all comments given. I hope you will understand.

Bob, Ron, Harold, Steve, Keith, Ben, John, Barry and all the others who over time have been so kind I will receive and post your comments. I look forward to hearing from you and look forward to vigorous debate. Anyone is welcome and I will post them all as long as they are decent.

Not vitriolic diatribe will be allowed. You can always start your own blog. Then you can diatribe away to your hearts content.

3 comments:

goprairie said...

i made a comment in support of gay rights on another blog and some yo yo who didn't like it tracked down my then-very-young blog and started adding very abusive comments about 4 times a day - i could not keep up and friends were sending me email about them - so i turned on moderation - it does take some of the fun out of it for commenters to not see stuff, but no choice, eh?

Anonymous said...

yea, its kinda like a one sided conversation. not much to it.

KD said...

Oh boy, they got you too!

Kelly