Saturday, August 30, 2008

The OL Ball Game

Living where we do one pleasure we have is a very good and prosperous baseball farm team here in our area. Kane County Cougars. It's connected with the Oakland A's. I'm not the baseball fan Steve Scott is but I do enjoy an occasional game.

It's almost fall here in northern IL. It is hot during the day but gets very cool at night quickly. Days are getting short. So while the temp was 80 at the beginning of the game it was upper 60s by the end. I didn't bring a jacket.

It reminded me of North Dakota. My dad played for the Ellendale baseball team back when we first moved to town. I remember going to the ball park and watching him play. He would have been in his 40s.

The weather would have been like it was tonite. I had a Yogi Berra moment. De ja vu all over again except for all the songs and the electronic scoreboards and the 12,000 people that were there.

We never got that kind of crowd in the Ellendale park.

Time. Passing. Even tonite.

No comments: