Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Surprised by the Consistent Voice of God

One of the things that constantly amazes me as a Prophet is the consistency of What God is Saying thru his prophetic voices on the planet. If one prophet says something, it's being said all around the Globe at once. It's God speaking thru his Prophets in real time. No fax machine on the planet could go that quickly or accurately. Plus there is a cultural fit to the prophetic exhortation. The prophet giving this word in Bangalore India is giving it different in context from the one in China or in Argentina. But the word is the same. This happens all the time and each time it's amazing to me.

Early this year passing the torch was the word.

Today that word is different. The word is Alignment. A few weeks ago God poke in my spiritual rib and gave me this word about being and staying in alignment with his purposes to receive his promises. Ever since then if I am with other prophets that's all I hear. In the last week I have heard alignment alignment alignment on TV, in Church, in emails and from Prophetic friends.

Today I see that James Goll has given the same word:


One of the most consistent ways that the Lord speaks to me is through "dreams." Once again, by the grace and faithfulness of God, the Holy Spirit gave me a very vivid instructional dream. The dream was filled with color and emotions, but no words. I do feel that this dream has meaning for me in a personal manner and yet contains truths that are for the Body of Christ. So let me unfold it.

I was attempting to stand in a room where there was a low ceiling. It was an old room filled with religious senses all around it. It was a room representing the Church in its present condition and, in particular, the overall condition of the church where I live in Greater Nashville, Tennessee.

I was standing on the outer edge of the room and I kept trying to stand up. As I would do this, my head would butt against the ceiling, and I could actually feel the weight of the stone ceiling on my head in the dream. I kept trying to raise the roof off by standing up, but it was not working. Then something like a giant, heavenly can opener came down from above and cut a huge hole in the stone roof. The hole appeared in the center of the room. I then moved from the outer edge to the center of the room, and as I did - I looked up.

The sky was filled with the promises of God!

There was now a brilliant "Open Heaven" stationed right over my head. The sky was blue and there were beautiful clouds hovering. I could feel the warmth of the sun upon my body. The atmosphere was filled with faith, hope, love and life.

I then proceeded, in the dream, back to the edge of the room where the ceiling was still intact, and yes, still quite low. Again, I had to crouch down to get under the low ceiling. I attempted to "stand upright" only to feel the weight of the ceiling suppressing me once again. So I stepped back into the center of the room. What a contrast!

Oh, there was clean air to breathe. There was light and no darkness. There was a sense of purpose and destiny fulfilled. I was now positioned correctly under an open heaven, enabling me to achieve the purposes of God. I was centered and walking in the light.

Interpreting the Experience

As I woke up, I had several "knowings" as a result of this dream experience. Again, there were no audible words in this dream. But the feeling dimension was very alive! I did feel a word dropped inside of me, though, as I woke up - "Get Positioned for an Open Heaven."

God wants us each to be properly aligned in this hour with Him and His purposes. He wants to lift the lid off the can, but we must position ourselves properly as this occurs. We must move from the side issues to the central ones. We must be centered on Him.

Walking in Open Heavens deals more with His work versus ours. Our efforts to push through and even "stand uprightly" are acknowledged, but it is truly His work from above that creates a sustained place or Open Heavens for His presence. He has the ability to break through even the hardest of places, circumstances and low ceilings.

Again, in the dream, the Lord saw my efforts and acknowledged them, but then He did the work that I could not. I find it quite interesting that it is more about His work from above than our work from beneath. He does respond, however, to our efforts. But we do not create an Open Heaven - He does. He is the Creator - I am not. I am a responder to His great love and initiative. Yet, what goes up must come down!

Get into Kingdom Alignment for such a time as this. Step out of the shadows of the side edges and move into the center of His word, will and ways. Be centered in Him - after all, being "centered in Christ" is the best place to be!



Perhaps James Goll did it more more eloquently than I was able to convey, but he is on the same page and giving the same message. When I read the prophetic writings prior to Jesus the consistency in them amazes me. They same the same things in many different ways. God loves you, The Messiah is coming and God says, "I do what I do because of who I am and for my Names sake".

Isn't God amazing?

2 comments:

Ron McK said...

Gene
I am interested that you have received the word “alignment”. The problem is that although this word is being received all over the place, it is being given vastly different meanings by different people.

With reference to Lakeland, “alignment” means that the “big man” evangelist must be connected to a “big man” “bishop/apostle” to be safe. If things go wrong, the “big man” sinner can only be sorted out by “big man” apostles, but the rest of us can feel safe because the “big men” have the situation in hand. On the other hand I read that a member of the Lakeland board knew about the problem, but was “powerless” to do anything about it. I find all this bizarre.

God probably was using the word “alignment”, but now it is so thoroughly contaminated, I suspect it has become unusable. I will be interested to see if the Holy Spirit persists with the word.

With regard to the dream of the stone ceiling, I wonder if James Goll got the interpretation wrong. First, I have always found the concept of an open heaven to be quite odd. It suggests that the problem is in heavens. That is nice, because it means that we are not responsible, but I doubt it is ever true. My experience is that the problem is always on earth. The problem is a closed earth, not a closed heaven. God may sometimes close heaven in response to a closed earth, but the latter always comes first.

I think that the dream is saying that we have created a stone ceiling in the church, just like the glass ceiling in business that prevents women and other groups from rising to the top. I suspect that the can opener was a man-apparatus that opens things up for a select few.

Modern leadership teaching says that in the church, only the special people at the centre of things can have full access to heaven. If people want to rise to full power, the have to move into correct contact with the centre. The way things are, those on the edge of things cannot rise to full maturity, because the stone ceiling prevents them. Goll is one of those lucky people able to move to the centre, but most people cannot.

This situation is wrong. Every believer is supposed to be a living stone in God’s house and not a pebble under a stone ceiling. Pentecost means that every believer can experience the fullness of blessing and anointing, where they are. They do need to move to the centre to grow to full maturity.

God has put most people on the edge where they are close to the world, and wants them to grow into fullness where they are, reaching out into the world. That can only happen if the stone ceiling is moved by the church. A hole in the centre of a stone ceiling is not a solution. The stone ceiling needs to be blown away, not cut open for a priveleged few.

Anonymous said...

Why are you going on and on about dream interpretation if you say in your recent comment to someone, that it's "not your bag"?