Saturday, August 30, 2008

Sarah Palin and the North Dakota Connection

Friday's announcement of Sarah Palin as VP candidate generated some horse poop from Daily Kos (which I don't normally read but found Courtesy of Little Green Footballs). Daily Kos has given me even more reason to love this future VP.

She belongs to the Assemby of God Church in Alaska. Mike Rose is her pastor. Now here's the North Dakota connection. Mike Rose almost 18 years ago was the pastor of the AG church in Lisbon ND. I met him then. My pastor, Dan Rothwell from Fargo and Mike were good friends. I met Rodney Howard Browne in the Little Bible Camp in Devils Lake ND when Mike was there helping Browne at a men's retreat.

It was wonderful. I value my time spent with Rodney Howard Browne and with Pastor Rose in the old quonset hut at the Bible Camp that winters day.

Course being pagan unlearned savages the Kos Kids have no way to deal with someone who has genuine spiritual Cred. Like Sarah Palin.

When I read the article from Kos it did much to cause me to rise up and support this good woman. She is just like me. I think she will be seen by most people to be just like we all are in some way. She will connect.

I can see the money rolling in. I can see the campaign taking on new life. WE (and saying this about the McCain campaign is a big step for me) WE can WIN THIS THING!

I am now an enthusiastic McCain Palin supporter, without Palin, not so much. This was a wise and brilliant move on McCain's part. He will find himself likely in the White House because he reached out to Social Conservatives. Even my buddy Mike Huckabee loves her. Even James Dobson.

This was a great pick and we all know what good things come from Alaska, not just oil or salmon.

I feel better already.

No comments: