Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Family Radio's redeeming factor

If you don't know this radio service, I'll tell you a bit about it. It's started by Harold Camping. He's a teacher. He is a strange dude with some really weird theologies. Like when the end of the world is and scaring hell out of people. But that's OK.

I never listen to the programming on the service. Most of it is way off the mark theologically.

The one thing they do that I enjoy quite a bit is the Bible Reading narrated by Hendric Van Dyke. He's an excellent reader.

He just reads it. Straight up. No fanfare. Raw word. I'm always riveted when he does. Particularly when he reads the prophets. He's in Ezekiel right now. It thrills me to hear it read without comment. I could listen to him for hours.

I guess I'm weird too.

1 comment:

Steve Scott said...

Gene! I love Van Dyke's reading. Yes, it is Family Radio's best program. I attended Camping's church back when the world didn't end the first couple of times, then I split. But, I've always loved the bible reading. He's got the best voice I've ever heard, and a truly unique reading style. Thanks so much for the link. I'll be listening to him fer sure.