Sunday, February 08, 2009

The "if at first you don't succeed, try try again" Presidency

I know lots of people had high hopes for POTUS Obama. I did too. I wanted him to succeed. He's not doing well. He keeps doing such tone deaf naive things because of his inexperience and lack of spine.. I said that before the election. I say it now. I told you so is unfortunately going to become my mantra.

He's a novice and is reverting to his old community organizing ways to solve his problems. Transactional analysis tells us that whatever we learned or were told to do as children, we revert to when we are placed under pressure. Boy, he is in spades on this one.

Obama under pressure hasn't done very well. His tirade against people who opposed his Stimulus package was a prime example. He's just not very good at this yet. I'll give him a chance but he has a HUGE learning curve and he started so darn far down it.

The fact that most of the stimulus rewards and encourages behavior
that is counter productive to the economic health of the USA seems to be overlooked by most of those analyzing this mess.

The amount of money for welfare, food stamps, medical care, free money and unemployment insurance extensions is inversely helpful to the economy. Oh sure, money goes in to the economy and is spent on food and for Chinese junk at Walmart, I get that. A short spurt will follow. But in the end, the economy can't recover if people aren't employed, self sufficient and effective. We are rewarding and encouraging people to rush to the bottom of the barrel. We are rewarding the least productive segments of society. Social reverse engineering.

Obama started out well. He hired some bright folks. People I trust and respect. Based on what I see he has gone tone deaf, or just deaf to wiser voices. He isn't listening to them. He's reverting to the slash and burn politics of his past. He's doing things that make no sense in this environment.

Some kind of foolish stimulus package will pass. It will fiddle with the market, but in the end it will fail. Horribly and with terrible consequence. That will mean Obama will be a one term failed president. I said right after the election that I had hoped he would be a good one. A successful one. Based on the "Leadership" I saw this week, I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask the question John the Baptist asked of Jesus, "Are you the one, or should we look for another".

We will look for another. I wish he could have come to this with more experience. But, inexperienced uninformed people put him in office, and now look what we got.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Are you the one or should we look for another????"
Why sure! don't you see that the blind will receive sight, the lame will walk, and those with AIDS will be cured; the deaf will hear???? but he cannot raise the dead, and of course, he has no good news to preach to the poor.