Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Gaining your Voice

I was at a ministry event today. For 6 hours. Ministries from all over the area.

During it the question was asked regarding future events. I held my piece. Then as time went on, with a hundred or so people in significant ministries in the room I shared what the Lord is showing me about the future. In detail. A pin dropping would have been heard.

Arlene came to me, (remember these are not Pentecostals but Evangelicals) and after hearing what I said commented, "You are prophesying". I said nothing. Then she said (she runs one of the largest homeless shelters in the whole of Chicagoland) I know you are a prophet, no one speaks like that unless they are one. God has great plans and a future for her significant ministry. I gave her the encouragement she needed to hear. She is in tune with where God is headed in her ministry.

I confessed that many have acknowledged the prophetic gift God has given me. That people call me "Prophet Gene".

She asked me to come and at some point share with her people what God is saying to the Body of Christ about the future and her ministry.

I will do that.

I was reminded of the truth of something said at this meeting: You gain your voice when you are at your highest God Given Competence heard in your Greatest Circle of Influence.

It's true. I have associates in ministry who for one reason or another do not embrace the prophetic gift brought by yours truly. That's OK, but that means they have succeeded in doing what Jezebel did, silencing the prophet.

On the other hand, there are people who are not at their highest and best competence but who have circles of influence where they exercise their gifts without the anointing. This happens in pulpits all across the Body of Christ every week.

So, if you want to gain your voice in ministry, look for people who will embrace the gift you bring in your highest and best God Given Competence and you will gain your voice.

If they haven't ears to hear, shake off the dust. Move on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Its like the saying "you are what you are around". Your surroundings DO influence you and what you do-either for the good or the bad.

like you said, shake the dust before its too late