Monday, August 31, 2009

Children and Young People are NOT Jr Members of the church, They are not Sub Christians, They are your Brothers and Sisters.

I often when talking to my son refer to him as Brother. He is now my brother and my son.

It's time for the Church to Recognize and Embrace this fact:

As I saw all the young people sitting around their living room, I realized something. Some of these boys and girls are followers of Jesus Christ… they are Christians. This means that these boys and girls are my brothers and sisters in Christ. They are part of the church. They are not half-brothers and half-sisters… they are not sub-members of the church. They are as much a part of the church as I am. (Yes, organizationally, these boys and girls and adults are part of many different church organizations. But, relationally, we are all part of the same church.)

This is very important for me, for other adults, and for the boys and girls to realize. As children of God, the boys and girls have been indwelled by the Holy Spirit, and they have been gifted by God to serve others and to build up the church. In fact, if we agree with Paul and if it is necessary for the whole church to work together in order for the church to grow (Eph 4:16), then it is necessary for these boys and girls to function as God has gifted them in order for the church to grow.

Every believer is indispensable for the growth of the church. Every believer. This includes young believers.

No comments: