Friday, September 04, 2009

Obama represents the dark side of Cool.... He's COLD

Peggy Noonan has written a pretty hard cut on the youth, inexperience and shallowness of our current White House squatter. She says the Obama administration is young and out of touch.

I think the most inditing is the comment at the end where she says:
He is cold, like someone who is contained not because he’s disciplined and successfully restrains his emotions, but because there’s not that much to restrain. This is the dark side of cool. One wonders if this will play well with the American people. Long-term it is hard to get people to trust your policies if they think you’re coolly operating on some intellectual or ideological abstractions.

I don’t think as a presidential style it will wear well with the center. And it may not wear well with the president’s own party. They may come to see him, in time, as not really one of them. And that’s when things will really get interesting.


IF this man finishes his term (which I doubt) he will not get another.

4 comments:

rbb said...

Did you give as much weight to what Ms. Noonan had to say about a certain former Vice Presidential candidate?

rbb said...

and a follow up question:

Is this a new layout or is my computer trying to fool me again?

Either way, it looks good to me.

Gene said...

NOPE, this is a new layout. Just time for a change and I had an html problem that necessitated it. SO all fixed.

I KNEW you would bust my chops on the Noonan thing. NO, I didn't give weight knowing what she said about dear Sarah. Noonan is very middle of the road and lacks balance sometimes. BUT, in this case, in the one statement which I cut and pasted (ala the RBB I cut and paste you decide), she says something that I believe is worth considering.

I mean, she can't be right all the time and she can't be wrong all the time. Probably like me, or you.

The only way I can judge the right or wrong is by my own take and bias.

In this case she gets much right. But you have a sharp eye and your comment was not unexpected.

I believe people can grow. I'm hoping Peggy has.

GO SARAH. I'm trying to find a new something re her to put on my blog. The old Palin 2012 is gone.

I decided to be less in the religious face of folks on SAB with the new avatar. It was that or Jesus with boxing gloves. I might use that sometime too.

rbb said...

How dare you say I can not be wrong all the time!

I am told it is part of my charm.