Monday, August 25, 2008

Power Prophetic and the Overflow Effect

I have discovered a truth that I have been coming to slowly.

The power of the Prophetic is multiplied when there is more than one, two, three or more prophets present. A few weeks ago I wrote on this. I had experienced just that dynamic.

I am coming to the conclusion that a group of prophets submitted to the voice of God and each other has tremendous power.

Now, that isn't very effective if your purpose in life is to create a huge one man ministry. I know some such. I don't think the one man prophetic show is the ideal.

I won't mention names but there are great prophets alive who are lone wolves. I don't think that is the preferred plan. I'll mention one. Kim Clement. I admire his prophetic flow. I think he is a great prophet. His single weakness might be that he operates alone, no pollination, no check, no correction, no amplification.

He has not (to my knowledge) made any major missteps. He would benefit by being in a company of Prophets sometimes. Maybe he is.

Last night one such happened. Prophet on Prophet. Not just piggybacking, but amplification. I was part of a prophetic flow. One link in a prophetic chain. It was wonderful and people were edified. Isn't that as it should be?

If one puts a thousand to flight, two, ten thousand, how about 3, 4, 5 or whatever. John Eckhardt sends out a team of prophets to minister when he does. I am starting to see the wisdom of that.

Maybe the purposes of God were always best expressed when there was a group of prophets staying in the school of prophets (like a school of fish, not a school like education). Maybe the lone wolf prophets of the Old Testament in particular was not God's best. Maybe the New Testament model is better as expressed in 1 Corinthians 14 is more accurate. Prophetic flow comes from overflow, one flows over on another and such. I saw this and it rang true:
"Air [ru'ah] ... is also a term denoting the divine intellectual overflow that overflows to the prophets and in virtue of which they prophesy. ...

Sometimes the wind blows and it flows over. It happened last night.

I'm thinking about this and only about 3 people will get what I am saying. That's ok. This blog is about what I am thinking about.

2 comments:

KD said...

I get it and I get it well!

It is an awesome thing to behold, a prophetic people submitted to God!

The more the merrier!

Tag anyone?

Blessings,

Ron McK said...

You have stumbled on something very important. When several prophets function together, the anointing is multiplied, not added. The Holy Spirit loves to chop a revelation up like a jigsaw and give pieces to different people and then watch their excitement as they put it back together.

The other side of this is that we can often assume that we have the whole picture when we are only a holding a piece of a jigsaw. The piece that we have might be pretty, but we need to get together others to get the full picture. I suspect an unbelievably large number of people have been given partial messages by lone prophets.

The one-one man band was never part of God’s economy. The lone prophet (and the lone evangelist, and the lone pastor) should never have got past Pentecost. The big man syndrome is a curse on the church. God’s way is a big Holy Spirit working trough a whole lot of little men.

On the other hand, while there is strength in several prophets working together (1 Cor 14:29) there are also risks. I have seen a group of prophets get together and rark each other up in the flesh. The result is not a pretty sight. If you guys had got onto George W or John the Jaw, I can imagine where it would have gone.

God’s way is to bring a few prophets together with someone with a pastoral gifting and an evangelist being present as well. The latter two would help the prophets keep their feet on the ground. (I am not referring to a one-man band pastor. He would just try to control the whole set up).

There is a real safety in a balanced ministry. When several people with different giftings (that sometimes rub against each other) submit to each other in love, the anointing is multiplied even further. That is the next step up for you.