Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Eric Clapton Crosswoods

If you want to buy me something for Christmas, the Chicago Crossroads Festival DVD is my first choice. I'm enthralled by great guitar playing being a guitar player myself. PBS has been raising money and playing excerpts. I'm stricken.

Steve Winwood and Eric Clapton doing "In the Presence of the Lord" is beyond belief. Cream and Blind Faith were early foundations of my love for good guitar rock and roll.

Presence Of The Lord

by Eric Clapton

I have finally found a way to live
Just like I never could before.
I know that I don't have much to give,
But I can open any door.

Everybody knows the secret,
Everybody knows the score.
I have finally found a way to live
In the color of the Lord.

I have finally found a place to live
Just like I never could before.
And I know I don't have much to give,
But soon I'll open any door.

Everybody knows the secret,
Everybody knows the score.
I have finally found a place to live
In the presence of the Lord.
In the presence of the Lord.

I have finally found a way to live
Just like I never could before.
And I know I don't have much to give,
But I can open any door.

Everybody knows the secret,
I said everybody knows the score.
I have finally found a way to live
In the color of the Lord.
In the color of the Lord.


And who is this John Mayer? I'm wowed.

Once a rock and roller you never lose your love for really loud guitar riffs. Guess that's why my style of worship music must include 2 drum sets, 2 keyboards, 5 guitars a brass section and singers. The louder it is the more the anointing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holy Cow man!!!!

Gene, we must be brothers from different mothers.
Blind Faith and Cream!!!
The band I was in from 68 to 71 played (poorly… hey we were 13) all their stuff.

If you had added the Jimi Hendrix Axis Bold as Love album I would have know doubt.