Thursday, November 29, 2007

Long View on Global Warming Cooling Warming etc

In the beginning God created the Heavens and the Earth. When? Who knows. Trillions, Billions, Millions, many thousands of years ago? Long ago.

Later, after some catastrophe or anther the earth was without form and void.

Then the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the deep and creation took place. Once? Twice? Thrice? Who Knows?

In any case the creation I'm concerned with happened, Man was ultimately created. All proto man ceased. Suddenly. No transition. Just no man, now man. Homo Sapiens. Somewhere about 25-50 Thousand years ago. Man just seemed to be created out of no-where. That would be just about right if I look at the first few pages of that big black book I carry around.

During all this time of change (after God created it all and the earth was without form and void and then was and then was not) there have been lots of climate changes.

I'm not a particular believer in all the credibility of Wikipedia. But, some is pretty good. This for instance. What the world's climate has been like in the past, near past and long past as far as temps are concerned. It probably will be again, cold, hot, cold and warm, and who knows.

All I know is this morning it was 18 degrees and I trotted out to the end of the driveway to get the paper in my jams and froze my tush.

My global is cooler this morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great line...can I use it?