Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Keep the fire burning!


The Lord gave to Moses instructions on how to worship in the tabernacle. One of His many instructions concerned the fire on the altar of burnt offerings. .....

Leviticus 6:12,13 - "The fire on the altar is to be kept burning; it must not go out. Every morning the priest will burn wood on the fire. he is to arrange the burnt offering on the fire and burn the fat portions from the fellowship offerings on it. Fire must be kept burning on the altar continually; it must not go out."


Lifestyle Application - Paul instructed young Timothy in 2 Timothy 1 to 'stir up the gift that is in you.' - i.e. Keep the flames of the Spirit of God fanned in your life. The fire of passion and pursuit of God is to be continually fueled by the Word of God, fellowship with God's people (iron sharpening iron), worship of God, an altar of prayer, and an active witness to the lost around me everyday.


Is the fire burning continually in the altar of my heart? - fuel must be given and a continually fanning must be given.

Is the fire gone out in my life?


Keith Green wrote a song that describes the waining of the fire in his own life...

"My eyes are dry; my prayers are old; my heart is hard; my faith is cold..... I know how I ought to be - alive in You, and dead to me..... And what can be done for an old heart like mine... soften it up with oil divine... let my heart break, and the tears flow again... and flow down my face for the souls of lost men!"


Prayer -

Father God, May the fire of Person of the Holy Spirit of God burn brightly and continually in my heart. May it never go out... but may it consume me as a living sacrifice this day. May may life be a warm bonfire that will ignite hearts around me. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

No comments: