Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Help Wanted from a Homeless Chicagoan Down on her Luck

Barack Obama get's letters asking for help. This one is posted by Iowahawk. The letter asks for Gift Giving advice since Barry has done such a good job as is evidenced by his gifting in Great Britain and so has his secretary of State in Russia.

Here's the letter:

Dear Barry:

I’ve had a bit of a bad luck patch over the last month (losing my job, watching my 401k completely disintegrate, etc., etc.) and ended up relocating from a high rise in Lincoln Park to a new neighborhood along the Fullerton underpass on the Kennedy Expressway. I was a bit worried about the move at first, but my new neighbors have been great. In fact on move-in day they greeted me with a grocery cart “welcome wagon” containing some lovely and practical gifts like cans of Sterno, cardboard, fortified wine, and a hypo-allergenic harmonica. I would like to show my appreciation with thoughtful “thank you” gifts. Can you recommend something nice that won’t break my budget ($3.00 total for 6 gifts)? Please help!

Barbara in Chicago


You will want to know what the Gift Giver in Chief has to say.

No comments: