Thursday, September 18, 2008

Bank of America makes a Play to be Bailed

TOO BIG TO LET THEM FAIL.

That's the mantra. That's why we have all the bail outs. I have read all the what
if's if AIG had been allowed to fail. I don't buy it.

Bank of America is making a play to be bailed out by trying to become to big to let fail. It's like the idea that if you borrow enough money a bank has to lend you more. Borrow enough and you own the bank. That's Jessie James without a gun or a mask.

I'm not convinced except of one thing. Teddy
Roosevelt broke up monopolies. We have too many monopolies in the USA. And Monopolies in the making.

Fannie Mae and Freddie Mack could have been broken up into twenty smaller companies. And then let them sort it out. Ditto for
AIG. Bust them up into segments and let them. If B of A comes to the US for bailout; bust em up.

And, socially, I'm of the same opinion in Agriculture and cities that live on the coast. New Orleans and Huston. It's time to let private insurers decide if they want to take a chance on allowing insurance on rebuilding in NO or Huston.

Not helping people, rebuilding. I'm for helping people, just not sanctioning
incompetence.

In
business or in building.

I have had disasters in my life. I have gone broke. No one bailed me out. No one should be bailing out those on Wall Street or coastal cities that make no sense.

No comments: