Monday, September 15, 2008

Giving it lower than should be billing

I know a man, he's a prophet. His wife died this morning. James Goll. Won't mean much to most of you but she has been sick for a while. Bout my age.

The announcement of her death used the terminology "Went home to be with the Lord".

I guess that's appropriate. She Passed on. Seems pretty weak. Or just that she passed. Seems like a pass fail.

Sometimes it's just went to be with the Lord. Or just went home. Or Went on to Glory.

Of all of them I like that one best.

Last night I sat with a young man who's a guitar player at church. We have come to know one another some. His dad died of cancer this summer. It threw him pretty badly. Dad was 72. Cancer. Died in pain.

I listened to him tell of the whole experience. He was with his dad when he died. I sat quietly to hear in my spirit what I might say to him. Then the spirit of God welled up in me.

I said, "the second your dad closed his eyes and stepped from time into eternity he was in the presence of Jesus, in all his glory, seeing for the first time color and hearing sound he had never before. He was experiencing joy and no pain, no regret. He found himself in a place from which even if he could he would not want to come back from. He's never been so complete as he is right now. And he's worshipping the King with everything that's in him."

Curt listened. Was quiet for a moment. Then he said, "after dad died I had a dream. I saw him in heaven, Dad loved to worship Jesus in Church. I saw him on the top of this broad hill. Jesus was there in all his glory. Dad was on one knee, his hands raised but not full up, more like a Charles Atlas pose, Fists Clenched in Joy and passion and at the top of his voice he was saying JESUS, JESUS."

A tear welled up in Curt's eyes. We talked a bit more and said good night.

I came away thinking, we don't have words to describe what really happens at death for a believer. It's a glorious emergence into a reality that is beyond understanding on this side of the veil.

Joy unspeakable and full of Glory, full of Glory, full of Glory.

That's what Curt's dad is experiencing right now. That glassy sea is in my spirit. I see it, I long for it, I want it. That's why I'm so passionate about good worship. The glassy sea. Evenso Come Lord Jesus or I'm coming to YOU.

No comments: