Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Never Made a Payroll in his life - BARAK H. OBAMA

To an old dear friend of mine, Claire Hudson, "Never Made a Payroll" was the division between a real man and one who was a poser.

I know what he meant. The man who owns or operates an Enterprise and an executive is made of different stuff and has different decisions, responsibilities and burdens than a person who draws a salary at a job.

It doesn't demean wage earners, it however in Claire (and my) opinion means we hold them in higher esteem when they have had real responsibilities for net end results that affected others.

I am one of those. I have made (and almost) missed making payroll many times. I have gone without to see to it others were OK. It's a challenge. It takes foresight and sacrifice.

It also means that I always have paid double for my social security, paid all of my own health insurance and fought harder with the government to get the deductions a wage earner gets more easily.

As a person who "makes Payroll" I have had to fire, hire, demote, promote, reprimand, place, move around and encourage someone to find a new career.

That's the nature of a person with real executive experience. In my life time I have without hyperbole probably hired or fired 400 people. In one case almost 100 at one fell swoop in a reorganization in Germany.

I was criticized, tears were shed, accused of being cruel even sued. But, in the end despite the pain if I was going to be responsible as an executive I had to do what is right. I have learned to look it in the eye and do it.

So has another person who has been on our minds. Sarah Palin.

She had ultimate responsibility. She had to hire and fire to meet predetermined goals.

When a Librarian was difficult she fired her. A few days later she hired her back but with the understanding who was in charge there.

When a former brother in law acted far out of the range of acceptability, she saw to it he was sidelined. Not out of spite, out of executive decisions.

She fired many people. She hired others. That's what a person who meets a payroll does. She is a decision maker and makes them in spite of the threats to her personally.

Barak Obama has NEVER EVER hired or fired anyone ever. He has never EVER made a payroll. He has never EVER had to make bottom line decisions that directly impacted lives, sometimes in negative ways.

He is a go along to get along wage slave. He has made his full life living off other people's money.

I have to agree with my old friend Claire. I don't respect someone applying for a job where bottom line decisions have to be made who NEVER MADE A PAYROLL.

Obama never has.

No comments: