Thursday, October 18, 2007

Roar from the Sky

Weather can be a fearful thing. That's why the ancients worshiped earth based things. Storms were seen as punishments, droughts, and such.

Well today a very intense front is moving thru. The sky is roaring. WIND. Big wind. It's warm. Humid. Leaves coming off the trees. It's supposed to hail, rain and tornadoes this afternoon.

And -

I just picked the last rose of summer. A yellow one.

Peggy just left for North Dakota on family business. I don't know how long she'll be gone.

All in all kind of a blue day with a yellow rose. I miss her already.

Yellow roses are her favorite.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

better fix the date on your camera. old fellow - it says you took that photo april 13, 2000 -

Gene said...

I never noticed. I changed batteries. I thought the date would hold.

Thanks.

Anonymous said...

I know you miss her Gene!
She is a very special lady.
I miss her too.
The yellow rose is beautiful!
Thank you for sharing it on this
stormy day.

Anonymous said...

Ancients ????

…Storms were seen as punishments…???

Haven’t we hear more than a few modern christianists purport hurricanes and such as gods vengeance on a wicked earth?

You grow a nice looking rose my friend.

I hope your wife stays safe and your reunion is joyous.