Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Jesus wouldn't hire ME (as a carpenter)

Our little storage shed needed repair. I didn't want to hire someone. Money.

I shudder when I deal with wood. I repaired the rotted wall. That was the easy part. Of course all the nails used that I had to remove were galvanized and didn't come out without great effort.

The part JESUS CARPENTRY INC would fire me for was the doors. I had to replace several boards and new hinges and all that. That required mitered joints. Miters without a mitre box. I don't know where anyone would ever find one. The door looks like I don't own one or know how to use one. In fact the idea that what you see is a mitered joint would take great faith.

The doors are done, ready to be replaced on the shed. My wife said, "I won't ask you to build me a house.

If I did, it would be doorless.

Sorry Jesus I will follow you in all things, just don't ask me to pick up a hammer or a saw without a Holy Ghost mitre box.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

he would hire you. he always looked after the losers in life