Sunday, November 11, 2007

The Missing ME Generation

It seems like every few years someone calls a generation the Me generation.

I don't know what generation legitimately is or is not the generation of ME. I do know this there is a generation MISSING in Church. I have blogged on this before. After attending a conference recently I posed this question, "Where are the middle age people?"

On TV tonight one of the worlds most powerful current apostolic leaders was on God TV. Todd Bentley. He is being used to do tremendous things world wide. He is releasing spiritual leadership around the Globe.

I looked at the crowd at the meeting he was conducting.

My observation is that off the attendees at this meeting ; 75% 35 years old or younger, 20% 60 or older and 5% from 35-59 years old.

Those are substantially the Baby Boomers plus born from 1947-1973. Where are they? How did we lose them. Why aren't they in Church or seeking after God. They are supposed to be the biggest generation ever to move thru the generations in America. I think they may be in fact the most lost generation of all. Too much attention paid to them. Too much about them. Too much of ME ME ME. I am not critical of them. They were coddled and cooed until they became spoiled rotten. They want a God who will spoil them too.

They are lost to the Church, they are lost to themselves, they are lost and headed for Hell unless we figure out how to tell them that so they listen.

I'm optimistic about the generation coming up. They are passionate about Jesus and seeking. I'm optimistic about the older generation. Those sold out to Jesus are really sold out.

I wish I could say otherwise. But, from what I see we in the Body of Christ have lost a whole generation of people.

If you want to check it out, take a look at the conference I saw on God TV. It's on at 12:30AM in a few hours from now on channel 365 on direct TV or tune in on the internet. You can tune in on the internet or by TV and see what the attendee group looks like in pretty much any conference. You'll see what I mean.

It's sort of sad.

No comments: