Tuesday, August 28, 2007

A Romantic Mood

I believe in Love and I am a hopeless romantic. I mess in other peoples business when I shouldn't. I guess I'm incurable.
The problem is I love heartbreak romantic music that makes me swoon.
One of the all time romantic ballads that I NEVER get tired of is Joni Mitchell's "CASE OF YOU". My son Kevin (fellow hopeless romantic) gave me an MP3 of every single thing Joni Mitchell has ever done. Ever.
But Case of You always tugs at my heart. You can Hear Joni sing it with just a dulcimer.
Or Diane Krall sing it with a piano.
OR, A recent CD where K D Lang sings it. I love her HYMNS CD. Listen to it and tell me your heart doesn't beat just a little faster.
Perhaps the best song on the whole CD is IN THE VALLEY. There is discussion about if it's a "God" song. I think I want to hold your hand by the Beatles is a "God" song. But then I see Jesus everywhere.
Speaking of the romantic. One of the best is from Tom Waits on his 1974 Heart of Saturday Night CD. Call Me Baby. I have played that for couples going thru tough times and they always relate to the mood in the song.
I'm a hopeless romantic. I want everyone to be happy and fulfilled in a prosperous relationship. Maybe that really is hopeless, or maybe not.............

No comments: