Sunday, August 26, 2007

The things we do for love or how I spent the afternoon

There was a song at one time called, The Things we do for Love. I have come to the conclusion that has more to do with ministry than with romance. I don't think we could do ministry with the sacrifices we make from a love motivation. I once had a mentor pastor question my motivations by asking me, "how much do you love them, as much as Jesus? At the time my answer was probably not.

We baptised several people and dedicated several babies at the Berwyn Church this afternoon. I don't know if John the Baptist used a rubber pool but we did. It served just fine.


Baptisms are always good for attendance. We had a very large capacity crowd today. I'm hoping some will stick. Some will. I believe we are up and running. I am learning a great deal about what it is going to take to plant a church. Below is a picture of Pastor Aaron. He is a gifted pastor with more ability and talent than most. He is going to make a great impact on the devil's territory..


I'm glad I'm there. I wonder what use I am elsewhere? Ministry is all about love. How much do I love them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll betcha that great cloud of witnesses we're cheering like crazy this afternoon. Praise God!

Like 1 John 4:8 says (Amplified), "He who does not love has not become acquainted with God, does not and never did know Him, for God is love."

Would've loved to have been there (sorry for the pun...)