Monday, August 27, 2007

Who am I and why am I here?

Those are words by the VP candidate Admiral James Stocksdale bought to us by Ross Perot in 1991. They are words I ask myself again and again. It helps keep me centered.

Sitting in Church Sunday Morning I asked myself the question again while hearing a good man who I love very much teach a theology regarding the end times I don't agree with and don't believe is settled at any level by anyone. I don't know for sure and neither does anyone else.

And there are other distances between us, Infant Baptism, the casual treatment of the Eucharist, the fullness of the spirit, lay leadership qualifications, discipleship modalities, manifestations of the spirit of God in 1 Corinthians 12, Worship according to 1 Corinthians 14, the reality of the supernatural, the five fold ministries, women in ministry, Israel as God's chosen people, the fullness of the Godhead in the Trinity, Jesus as the God of the Old Covenant, the importance of the prophetic in scripture and in our everyday lives and how to really pray with effectiveness.

Then there are areas in which I am in full accord. The infallibility of the Word of God, the full propitiation for sin at the cross (nothing missing nothing lacking), The grace alone Gospel, Creation of all things including me and you at the hand of God, The stand against the liberal slope into apostasy as has already happened in other denominations regarding marriage, homosexuality and other liberal trends.

They are good conservative people with good conservative views on many things. Theologically we are not on the same page in many areas.

So, why am I here? They are nice people, but that's not enough. God can use them if he is let in. They have not yet completely silenced (killed) the voice of the prophet , although tradition nearly always does. When it comes to tradition bound churches, tradition trumps the word of God every time. Jesus said it best in Mark 7:13.

I am here until God shows me the door. When he does I'll walk thru it.

To be continued................

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stuck between worship styles, men's theology or God's given Word.
We have become worse than the unholy politicians and Satan dances. The Holy Bible must trump all. It stands on its own. Children of God, rise up. The time has come. Let go of self and get back to your God who loves you and created you. He stands for what is good and right. Share that good news with others, as many as possible.
He has given us commandments to live by that we break daily. They are wonderful guides for living our lives, the greatest one being to love and care for one another.
I have felt tear drops from Heaven and heard the angels crying for the children of God. You have all kinds of time for everything, but very little for the work of our Father in Heaven. Time is growing short. Wake up before it is too late.
Our Father has given us the truth, the light and the way. What we do with that is everyone's own individual choice. God has given us that right!

Make choices, we do, wrong and right. Keep your eyes on Heaven and the clouds!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.