Sunday, August 26, 2007

Who You Gonna Call?

I believe that every Christian needs someone they can rely on for sorting out the mixed messages about what they should or shouldn't do and who they will trust to ask them questions they should answer.
 
This person can be qualified by only ONE attribute.  Only ONE.  Before you submit yourself to anyone in leadership ask this question.  DO THEY LOVE JESUS MORE THAN YOU DO.
 
Every person including me knows of people who are deeper in love with HIM.  They possess a passion and intimacy that you wish you had.  That person is a candidate.  I don't care a whit about position, title, education, credentials or charisma. Do they love Jesus more than ME?  If they do I will hear from them.  If not, I will be polite but distant.   
 
If you believe you do NOT know someone more in love with Jesus than you, that's a huge problem.  You are lost.
 
If you have identified that person, if you can name him or her, then the question is what are you doing about it.  Are you in touch on a personal level with him or her?  If this is a person you believe exists out there in the ozone you have no spiritual leader. 
Even the Pope has a person who he trust the relationship they have with Jesus.  Billy Graham has them.  Who are you to think you have no one.  That is the kiss of death.
 
Every person has a man or woman who they can look to.  I do. They will change.  They will develop into others.  But in the end you need someone.
 
So, my recommendation is no matter who you think you are, if you aren't SUBMITTED spiritually to someone you are adrift. 
 
No ship can navigate deep waters without a rudder.  That's the person you need.
 
Get with it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

problem is the person id most like that kind of help from, they dont give me the time of day. doesnt say much about christiam love you always speak about. maybe theres conditions with that kind of love, or maybe im looking at the wrong person after all

but everyone who prophesies speaks to men for their strengthening, encouragement and comfort.

i dont feel it
בר נביא

Steve Scott said...

I have the same experience as Barnabas. I can't get the time of day. They're too busy loving Jesus more than me to care. They're chasing that person who loves Jesus more than them. So, maybe that says something about them. Then again, maybe it says something about me.

Gene said...

Steve and Barnabas,

I have people I wish would be my spiritual over. But, Billy Graham is a little busy, and Benny Hinn doesn't return my calls.

Seriously, we need to find that person who we can sumit ourselves to and who agree with that placement. It will almost never be a pastor or a positioned person. It will be a person who WILL take the time for you. You will need to take the initiative and nag them some and then make it worth their while in progress.

I have had several such I have been that person to, and have men i look to in the same way. They are busy, I am persistant. And they change.

Keep looking, God has such a person for you. Every Paul has his Timothy. Sometimes we are Timothy, sometimes we are Paul.