Wednesday, December 19, 2007

We do it so the Devil Doesn't Have to Work so Hard

 You remember the late Flip Wilson? His famous saying, "The Devil made me do it".  It was a way to deflect whatever guilt he (in Character) had for some bad thing he (she) had done.  Now, there I've gone and related a cultural icon that if you are 2/3rd my age or less you have no idea what I'm talking about.
 
In the last few weeks I have been lambasted by several accusations fielded by good Christian men and women against ministries and spiritual expressions not of their own liking that boggles the mind.  I have been puzzled.  What's going on here?
 
The latest came yesterday.  Huge broadsides against the Word and Faith movement.  Now, to be fair, they are out there on the edge a bit sometimes and sometimes they should be broadsided.  But, let's allow the devil and the world to do  that work shall we?  Charles Grassley is enough. Let's not eat our young. It's not up to you my brother or sister to  correct the ills of other spiritual expressions. 
 
Your stand for "Righteousness" is a position you are taking by the prompting of the demon called religion.  I know this demon.  I have seen this demon.  He is a respectable looking condescending selfish entity who's main purpose is to divide and conquer.  He's very good at what he does. We are ignorant of his schemes.
 
The devil has put many in the Body of Christ to work destroying and tearing down one another with the lie that if we tear enough others down, what we espouse will be elevated.  We think we can gain ground by slinging mud.  Sorry to say, that's a lie and worse from time to time I have bought into this lie.  We need to stop it, and stop it NOW!
 
I could direct you to websites, I could print emails, I could go deep and demonstrate how insidious this is becoming.  I could but then, I'd just be taking work away from the Devil. Sufficient to say this whole thing is the Devils work and like a bunch of lost sheep the Body of Christ has fallen right in line helping the Devil's work.  I think this demon has been released as a result of all the talk about Romney and Huckabee and religion in Iowa.  We got right on board as Christians.  We are such sheep led astray.
 
Yesterday in a news report was a submission provided the Mormon Church on what Mormons believe.  I read it carefully.  You should too.  I had a quick reaction.  It confirmed my worst expectations.  But then I thought about attacks and expectations others put on beliefs I hold dear. 
 
If by chance you are a Christian I have a heartfelt appeal to you.  Stop helping the Devil out.  Let's make his job difficult.  Lift up Jesus.  I know Paul said to contend for the Faith.  Not for your faith, not for my faith, THE FAITH.  Faith in Jesus as Lord. 

First Corinthians 12:3

I make known to you, that no one speaking by the Spirit of God says, "Jesus is accursed"; and no one can say, "Jesus is Lord," except by the Holy Spirit.

 
There is a story in the Bible, Jesus and the Disciples are out where Jesus was ministering. John the Disciple comes to Jesus all breathless.  "Jesus", He says, "those guys over there are preaching and doing Kingdom things and they aren't part of our denomination (numbered among us)."   Jesus doesn't call down fire, he doesn't run over as the son of God and tell them to stop, he doesn't strike them with leprosy, he doesn't even offer to engage in a discussion about theology with them. He just says, "If they are not against us, they are for us."
 
Mark 9:38-41 NIV 

Whoever Is Not Against Us Is for Us

    38"Teacher," said John, "we saw a man driving out demons in your name and we told him to stop, because he was not one of us."

    39"Do not stop him," Jesus said. "No one who does a miracle in my name can in the next moment say anything bad about me, 40for whoever is not against us is for us. 41I tell you the truth, anyone who gives you a cup of water in my name because you belong to Christ will certainly not lose his reward.

You who are critical and demeaning of others who are doing the work of the Kingdom different from the way you do it, are you better than Jesus?

Incidentally, in writing this, I am the first among sinners and repent.  So should you - repent!

If the Spirit of God had spoken to you in this, REPENT.  The Kingdom of God is at hand.  He who is not against Jesus  is for US.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

By junipers...you are finally getting it!

"You who are critical and demeaning of others who are doing the work of the Kingdom different from the way you do it, are you better than Jesus"?

"Incidentally, in writing this, I am the first among sinners and repent. So should you - repent"!

"If the Spirit of God had spoken to you in this, REPENT. The Kingdom of God is at hand. He who is not against Jesus is for US".

Remember...repent!...do not do it again!